Friday, May 22, 2009

Its Mail Time

Everyday I get the mail, it comes right after I get home from school so it usually works out, but even when I dont get home until six it still there waiting for me. I dont know if everyone else in my family is just too lazy to walk down our driveway, and back up(because its so totally superlong, and a slope, so you have to walk up back to my house) Though I really think they have forgotten the mail starts in the mailbox. Every day its waiting there, on the shelf, stacked for each person its too.
Now, I enjoy getting the mail, I get to know if my grandma sent us a letter, or whats going on at my brothers school, but the only thing I dont like is I'm the one who never gets mail. Maybe once a month I get a bogus letter from WaMu(about an account I haven't used since first grade) and thats about it, no cool zines, no newsletter, and anything I do get is often from school(and often not very good...)
I guess I will always get the mail, I do like it. I can see across the street to the houses packed like sardines and the kids playing on the big toy or shooting hoops. I like the wind rushing as the cars speed by, often too close for comfort, but its a little thrill, and I like it. Plus if I ever do get a super important piece of mail, Ill be the first one to know, cause my whole family are snoops.

1 comment:

Demi said...

Hello! I can totally relate to what you are talking about, though my mother usually gets the mail I am always the one who goes through it. And I don't ever get any. But, if I am reflecting correctly, it is my own fault. I never write to anybody, so why should I expect people to write back to me.
Anyways, Piper showed me your blog. It is very nice, you are a wonderful writer. And you have very good taste in music, though I can't recognize any of the bands. It is as if I know them from a dream, because I would swear I know their sound. It plays in my ear like an old friend. Oh well. I like the music very much. You should come to our blogging community. Currently it is very small, consisting my Piper, Emma Scherer, Tyler Patterson, Kaitlin Backus (my cousin), and myself. It is small, but dear to me, and you are welcome to join us. Keep writing, you are very good.